BMECP is seeking to recruit Trustees with appropriate skills to join the actual Board of Trustees.
BMECP is a multipurpose organisation that provides infrastructure support to diverse BME community groups and organisations as well as providing key specialist services to the diverse BME communities, individuals and their families including refugee and asylum seeker communities. The BME communities and individuals are not a homogenous group they are very diverse with differing needs and sometimes competing priorities.Its governance is undertaken by a Board of Trustees representing BME communities. The day-to-day operations is carried out by a small team of staff and Volunteers.
Specific Skill and Knowledge areas that we are looking for include the following:
- Funding and fundraising
- Financial procedures and systems
- Quality assurance
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Marketing, publicity, PR
- IT Skills and Social Media
- Developing strategic plans (based upon mission and values) and Business Plans
Additional Skills that we are looking for include the following:
- Experience of, or an understanding of the charity sector to include best practices, relevant laws, and statutory requirements and Charity law.
- Experience of successfully dealing with strategic issues, sound judgment and ability to handle competing priorities.
- Capable of networking in support of BMECP objectives
- Capable of writing reports to support the activities of the organisation and CO
As a trustee, this position is voluntary and unpaid but ‘out- of- pocket’ expenses incurred whilst discharging the duties of BMECP Trustee will be reimbursed.
BMECP is committed to Equal Opportunities and actively encourages applications from all sections of the Community.
To apply to become a Trustee for the BMECP, Please contact us at email@example.com or call for more information 0300 303 1171